Today we take an in-depth look at GAGGIA Viva vs DELONGHI auto espresso products, which sets them apart and makes any of them unique.
GAGGIA Viva Espresso Machines
GAGGIA Viva can be traced all the way back to the 30s and 40s when founder ACHILLE GAGGIA filed his 1st patent for a steam-free espresso device that replaced conventional steam-based espresso extraction with a new, extremely pressurized tech that allowed for a one-shot to be brewed in fifteen seconds.
This patent launched the modern era of espresso making technology and development for both professional and domestic markets, and by 1949 the Gaggia brand was well known in Milan and across international markets.
With GAGGIA is most often associated with their GAGGIA Viva classical manual espresso device, in recent times, they’ve become increasingly competitive in the automatic espresso machine industry.
DELONGHI Espresso Machines
On the other side, DELONGHI is a comparatively new company, entering the espresso machine market in the 90s.
Despite lacking the expensive age of competing companies such as SAECO and GAGGIA, DELONGHI still has just thirty years of experience below the belt.
In that time, they have used their design and developing experience to directly address changing demands and wishes in their espresso device domestic market.
GAGGIA Viva Automatic Espresso Machine Advantages
- The big successor to several popular SAECO models
- Compact sizes
- Best value for money
- Short warranty period
- Weak beverage strength and temperature
DELONGHI Espresso Automatic Machine Advantages
- Supreme beverage strength and temperature
- Simultaneous double beverages
- 2 years warranty period
- Several grinder setting
- Best value for the price
- Aesthetic design
- Confusing model number system
- Size issue, they do not offer a super compact and space-efficient espresso machine
The Best Espresso Machine Under £500
Gaggia Viva Prestige Coffee Maker
- "Perfect Cream" pressure filter support
- Integrated and removable water tank -
- Stainless steel steam nozzle for cappuccino / hot water
Pressure coffee maker from Gran Gaggia Viva Deluxe Black
- Brushed stainless steel housing. Cup warmer. 15 bar pump. Foaming nozzle. 1 liter water tank.
- Convenience of use. You decide for coffee. Auto power off. Portafilter compatible with 43mm tamper.
- Color: black / silver. Width: 20 cm. Height: 29.7 cm. Depth: 26.5 cm. Weight: 3.9 kg. Plug type: Type C/EF - 2 pin (Europlug/FR-DE Hybrid).
Gaggia RI8427/11 Gran Prestige Espresso Machine - Brushed Stainless Steel
£175.37 in stock
De'Longhi Dedica Style, Traditional Barista Pump Espresso Machine, Coffee and Cappuccino Maker, EC685M, Metal
£181.99 in stock
128 used from £116.32
- Create all your coffee shop favorites with a real barista experience at home
- Prepare and deliver your perfect espresso with fresh ground coffee
- Adjustable milk frothing steam device for frothy cappuccino and silky smooth latte
- Hot water delivery for Americanos or herbal tea
- Three filters including a single, double and ESE compatible filter
De'Longhi Scultura Traditional Barista Pump Espresso Machine, Coffee and Cappuccino Maker, ECZ351BK, Black
54 used from £149.99
- 15 BAR PRESSURE to create your perfect espresso with a rich aroma and a nut coloured cream on top
- CAPPUCCINO SYSTEM: Create a wide range of milk based beverages thanks to the manual milk frother. Maximum cup height (cm): 7.2
- CUSTOMISE ESPRESSO: Enjoy your favourite coffee, whether that is a strong espresso or frothy cappuccino, all from your choice of fresh ground coffee or coffee pods
- HOME COMFORT: This coffee machine will deliver a real barista experience at home. The Scultura design features an unique metal finish with chrome details that embody elegance and distinctive design
- EASY TO CLEAN: The removable drip tray makes it easy to keep the machine clean and your work surface drip free. The drip tray is dishwasher safe
De'Longhi ECP35.31Traditional Barista Pump Espresso Machine, Coffee and Cappuccino Maker, Black
£159.00 in stock
18 used from £94.22
- Premium finishing
- Adjustable milk frother to enhance the quality of the steamed milk
- Ability to use E.S.E pods as an alternative to ground coffee
- 1 Litre water tank; transparent and removable water reservoir (capacity: 1,1 Litre)
- Double drip tray